Coaches, Teammates, and Friends,
All coaches have favorites – maybe this is why…
Habits of a “favorite athlete”. Part 1 of 3 by Doug Samuels
- They master ALL the things that require no talent.
- Being on time · Work ethic · Effort · Body language · Energy · Attitude · Passion · Being coachable · Doing extra · Being prepared · Guarding your mouth · Willingness to change · Having an open mind
- They’re ready to listen, willing to learn and immediately apply your instruction.
- Show a mutual trust as you do what is asked or expected.
- They show respect to coaching staff and everyone in the school and your program. They make the school look good as they represent the coaches and administration to the community. They want to set good examples for others coming up behind them.
Onward and Upward,
Would you take a moment to lift our coaches up in prayer and rejoice in their praises?
PRAISE AND PRAYER
|CF GROUP||PRAISES||PLEASE, PRAY FOR:|
|Greg Pappas||COIN and my family.||My mom’s health.
Dave Radford’s health.
Guidance on Jordan’s future choices.
Millikan and Lakewood Athletics.
|Kirk Diego||For His Word|| SALVATION FOR JIM, BOB, SALLY, ROBBY, RICKY, and VINCE.
Healing for athletics throughout Southern California.
|Bruce Orr||God is Good!||SALVATION FOR MARK, KEVIN, and JENNIFER.
Mike Z., who has cancer.
Mark H., who is having eye surgery.
|Jonathan Orr||God is showing me patience with work and finances.||SALVATION FOR CHRIS, DEREK, and CHARLES.
Our business to grow and for projects to move forward.
My family’s financial situation.
|Tim Sweeney||We sold our house!|| – SALVATION FOR JIM O., AL, ANN, TONY, and DOW L.
– Lisa as she and her family grieve the passing of her father.
– Our move to Placentia and for the Lord to bless our new journey.
– God to surround all of those in the path of hurricanes. Pray for safety and restoring of their lives.
|Mike Ryder||For continued health for my kids and for myself|| – SALVATION FOR MY DAD.
– Direction towards becoming a chaplain and in one area.
– Levi’s focus and commitment to school.
|Tony Barile|| – SALVATION FOR BLAKE, STEVE, MATT, and AARON.
– Strength for Jack, who is fighting cancer. Pray for strength for his family.
– Healing and strength for my mother-in-law.
– Knowledge and strength for my son, who is struggling with racial issues where he is living.
|John Contreras||Me and my wife have noticed our daughter is drawing closer to the Lord.|| – SALVATION FOR MY SON-IN-LAW and MY GRANDKIDS.
– All those affected by the hurricanes and earthquake.
– President Trump.
– The safety of Israel and our country.
– My son and his wife’s marriage.
|Bob Blechen||Joe K., Brian, and Jennifer.|
|Aaron Cole||I saw two of our football players come to youth group and get baptized.|| – SALVATION FOR DANNY, RANDY, and COLIN.
– Discipline for my overall health.
– Team unity.
– My other coaches to glorify God through their words and actions.
|Al Verdun|| – For my wife and my marriage
– Spent time with my brother Mike
| – SALVATION FOR NOLAN and MY BROTHER’S SONS.
– My son, Conor, to persevere with endurance in his 24 months in rehab.
– The opportunity to be involved in coaching.
– Katherine’s court case to come to an end after nine years.
– Jan’s recovery from cancer side effects.
– Me to be an example and to walk the walk.
|Nelson Cook|| – SALVATION FOR JAY, BRIAN, and KEVIN.
– My knee replacement surgery on October 27th.
– My cousin Karen’s recovery from hip surgery.
|Bill|| – Family if Florida.
– My grandson.
|Bob||For the Lord’s promise to direct our paths|| – Direction in retirement.
– My brother and my nephew.
|Dick||Opportunity to officiate at granddaughter’s wedding||My daughter’s health.|
|Kevin|| – My wife’s work at high school.
– Family concerns.
|Mike|| – My wife’s mom, who is having hip surgery.
– My father-in-law’s health.
– A friend’s health from church.
|Scott|| – Family health issues.
– A local football coach.
|Juan Martinez||For a job promotion||– SALVATION FOR THE WRESTLERS AT SANTA ANA HIGH SCHOOL.|
|Jose Ayala||Praise God for allowing me to come to COIN to learn more about Him and my purpose.||Balance between family and work.|
|Ken Walker|| – Providing for my family
– My children getting baptized
|– SALVATION FOR MY TEAM and MY STUDENTS.|
|Brian Lillie|| – SALVATION FOR KEVIN.
– Jacob, who is a friend of my son and is facing extreme issues with self-esteem.
– Healing for Hope, who has been struggling with extreme fatigue.
– Faith and strength for our wrestling program.
|Fareed Elmasry|| – For my 18-month-old daughter
– My wife’s new job and for my job
| – SALVATION FOR MY DAUGHTER and JUAN G.
– Patience and stress-free living until May 2018.
– Energy for my wife and for her new job.
|Scott Glabb||My sons are healthy and are doing well in school and sports.|| – SALVATION FOR CURRENT and FORMER COACHES.
– My wife and her therapy. Pray for confidence.
– My future in coaching/education.
|John Sherman|| – Micah’s new job and new place.
– Micah’s wife, Cosmo, and her new job.
– Our country, our President, and our culture.
– Changes and challenges in the church.
|Nelson Cook|| – Cancer healing for Steve Q’s wife and Ben L’s daughter.
– A date to set up to have a COIN Board meeting.
|James|| – Healing for Coach T.
– My son, Broch’s passion for basketball. He is in 3rd grade.
|Nelson Cook||For my wife and for her relationship with our daughters|| – Travis, who is in Korea. Pray for his wife, Angela.
– My sister-in-law and nephews/niece since the loss of their father.
– Brady to continue growing in his relationship with Christ.
– My knee replacement surgery in October.
– President Trump.
|Penn Bushong||For God’s peace and perspective in these times of trouble in the world|| – SALVATION FOR CO-WORKERS, MY BROTHER JOEL, and KIDS AT SCHOOL.
– My wife and daughters to seek God and go back to church.
|Mike McGuire||My son, Troy, has relocated to Southern California.|| – SALVATION FOR MY CHILDREN and GRANDCHILDREN.
– My friend, Robin, who is having biopsy tests for liver and thyroid issues.
– My granddaughter, Kira, to resolve her migraine issue.
|Joe Crouch||Thank You, for my surfing buddies and the chance to de-compress.|| – SALVATION FOR STEVEN H.
– My parent’s health and for the health of marriages around me.
– My children to have integrity and to share the love of the Lord.
|Daniel Stevenson|| – For giving us healthy children
– For giving my mother-in-law a chance to be with her grandchildren
| – SALVATION FOR LISA, DAN, and MICHAEL.
– Employment and encouragement for my mother-in-law, Nora.
|Tim Sweeney|| – For the love of my wife and family
– For the Christians placed in my path
| – Our upcoming move to Orange County.
– Healing, encouragement, and strength for Ken.
|Bob Blechen|| – Our daughter, Jennifer to find a new home in Central America.
– Success for our granddaughter Nicole.
– Comfort and Health Research success for my daughter and granddaughter who are battling M.S.
– Legal success for Coach Joe Kennedy.
– God’s protection as we travel on vacation.
|Bryan Voshell|| – For the smooth transitions from each of the sports in the family
– My wife is tenured at her school.
|Our son’s breathing issue.|
|Bert Esposito|| – My colonoscopy went well and the polyps were benign.
– SCFCA is going well.
| – Safety for my daughter who is at GCU and is having a great time.
– Strength for my wife to keep working under control.
– Me to have my coaching career under God’s control. Pray for my health to get better.
|Tony Peralta|| – Praise God for showing up in the daily little things, as well as in the big things.
– For loving me that much, that the creator of the universe knows my every thought, word, and deed
|The COIN groups everywhere. May God’s spirit be mighty in the lives of believers/coaches today, tomorrow, and forever.|
|Jim Morris||For His grace in my life|| – SALVATION FOR NICK, JOHN, BUTCH, NICK, NATHAN, and DANIELLE.
– Me to glorify Jesus in the classroom and with the Golf team.
|Paul Renfrow|| – SALVATION FOR JUDE, MICHELLE, and KEVIN.
– Marina Athletics and the Baseball Program.
|Jeff Forsberg|| – SALVATION FOR LARRY and SANDI.
– Comfort for Julie.
– Bev’s job and for time management.
– Ally’s school, health, and maturity to handle others.
– Britt’s and MJ’s job balance and marriages.
|Billy Foley||For my family life and challenges|| – SALVATION FOR MY TWO DAUGHTERS.
– My mother, who is battling an infection and pneumonia.
|Nelson Cook|| – For my wife, who loves God, me, my kids, and my grandkids
– For the privilege to serve the Lord in COIN
| – My brother’s family. They are coming to spread his ashes in the ocean. Pray for the memorial service and for the Gospel shared.
– Coach George Tuttle, who has a brain tumor.
– David’s marriage and for Kevin’s marriage.
|Nelson Cook||For God’s commitment and unending love to us|| – SALVATION FOR JAY, BRIAN, KEVIN, ANNA, and EVELYN.
– Plans for COIN 2017-18.
– The Norco event on Oct. 1st with Lew Sterrett.
|Jeff Petredes|| – For providing for Heather and me to bless others
– Getting to see and hang out with Gus
| – Heather’s peace with a busy schedule and running an insurance and pizza business.
– A peaceful ending to Josh’s relationship with Kat. She is going back to California for good.
|Matt Lucas|| – SALVATION FOR CAROL L. and SUNSHINE C.
– John Cyrus’s health.
– Julie’s confidence in the job she is doing.
– Continued wisdom with Esperanza’s situation.
|Wayne Carlson|| – SALVATION FOR RICK, CAROL, MIKE, MONA, LORI, and RICK.
– John Cyrus’s health.
– Craig and Chris to make good choices.
– Our government and worldwide issues.
|Ron Kasser|| – Our country and President Trump.
– My mother-in-law Gloria.
– My mom, Lorraine, who is 85 years old and is really slowing down.
|Nick Mancillas|| – Family health and school
– Teaching credential is going well.
| – SALVATION FOR JUAN and MEKHI.
– My wife, Melissa, who is having surgery on Friday.
– Maria’s recovery. She had a tumor removed from her spine.
– Me to maintain balance in my life.
|Rod Turner||For a great wife|| – SALVATION FOR KEN and GABI.
– Aunt Carol, who has cancer.
– Healing for Nathan.
– Trace’s convictions and decision-making.
– Ken’s court case.
|Robb Perrance|| – Praise God for His amazing love and patience with His creation.
– For grandchildren
– For His faithfulness
– For my amazing wife
| – SALVATION FOR JERRY and SHAUNA.
– My lead at home as a husband. Pray I would be the man of God she needs, and demonstrate love and respect.
– Quality time with family.
– My witness to reflect Christ.