March Prayer and Praise
“Children, Teach us to Pray”
I was sitting in with my wife one Wednesday evening as she was teaching a five year olds bible class. It came time to have some animal crackers, and she asked one of the little boys, Joey, to lead the prayer for the crackers. Of course it is always so precious to see children pray, and as Joey bowed his head along with the other children he began a most thorough sweet prayer: “Dear God, thank you for my mommy, daddy, my brother, my sister…great-grandfather…and thank you for my teacher. And God, thank you for the animal crackers…” Joey stopped right there in the middle of the prayer. Everyone began to squirm and get restless. We waited and waited and finally my wife quietly asked Joey if there was anything wrong. Joey slowly raised his head and in a very low whisper asked, “Are we going to have anything to drink?” My wife said no, and immediately he bowed his head and said “Amen.”
What a lesson in prayer this is for those adults who ritualistically roll through leading prayers, not really conscious of the need of those they are praying for. – From the book Illustrations Unlimited
Riverside Coaches Fellowship Group
- Carl: Prayer: For Christian who has brain cancer again: Praise: How the Holy Spirit is working in my life
- Sam: Prayer: Granddaughter Evelyn was throwing up last night: For my wife to not catch whatever my granddaughter has. Praise: How God is opening doors in the Midwest for the Ambassador program.
- Marc: Prayer: Mom is going on hospice care. For my sister who has been taking care of Mom . Praise: Positive report from my dermatologist on some spots on my forehead and head.
- Lou: Prayer; For my wife Linda to heal from the appendectomy surgery. Praise: How the emergency experience went and the peace God gave us as we were going through it. Having our grandchildren around to be able to spend some time with them.
Corona Coaches Fellowship Group:
- Tim: The mental health of people who are affected by the isolation of Covid. Jan Ver dun is having a heart valve put in.
- Sam: Prayer for his Work with AOC. Wife Jan is showing signs of post Covid side effects.
- Tony: Friend Leo’s mother passed away from Covid. Prayer to find motivation for coaching. Prayer for ALL of our leaders. Church, Local, School, State, Federal
- Scott: Students are still really scared to go back to school. Prayer for a peace.
- Aaron: Praise that father is starting to recover from stroke. Prayer for the long road ahead.
- Nelson: Wife Madeline still battling blood cancer, very painful
- Dennis: His mother’s health and his own health.
- Uncle John: Prayer that schools open up soon and the rest of the state.
- Harold: Daughters have been struggling with Covid isolation, depression, etc
- Bob: Lower back/ hip pain. Possible polio side effects. Prayer for Daughter Sherry with MS.
Humilty: Be Selfless. Scripture: Phil 2:3-4 & Matt 23:11-12 & Rom 12:3 – Two things that stand out. Grace/Faith; It’s been through God’s grace that we’ve been saved. We don’t deserve it. But with our saving faith, we will strive to do God’s will. Put His will ahead of ours. 1 Pet 5:6 Humble yourself before God.
Riverside Coaches Fellowship Group:
- Tony B: Coaches are going through a lot of difficult times. Prayer for players and coaches. Fear that we are going to quick and there may be injuries.
- Tony: Friend lost a brother, mother is taking it hard. Prayer for family.
- Scott: Back is bothering him. Pray pandemic ends soon. Aaron: Prayer for family. Mother is being asked to make hard decision about father (taking him off machine to let him pass).
- Dennis: Prayer for Dennis and family. His mother passed away this week.
- Bob: Lower back/ hip pain. Prayer for Daughter Sherry with MS.
- Tim: prayer for the move
BIBLE TIME: Scripture on Integrity
- Prov 10:9 When you are honest you have nothing to worry about. Liars will always be found out.
- Psalm 78:72 Be careful and wise in the way you present things and lead your players. Coach with a clear mind.
- Prov 22:1 More important to have a great name (esteem & respect) than riches. Enjoy what you’re doing.
- Matt 6:33 Just want to do it right.
How to join a Coaches Fellowship Group – or – Start one in your area! – Contact Nelson Cook (California), Matt Morse (Los Angeles, San Diego, OC), Bob Parsons (Northwest states), Greg Pappas (Long Beach), Sam Hieronymous (Riverside, Temecula, Inland Empire)
Onward and Upward,
Your Coaches of Influence Staff