“The average coach can impact about 25,000 young people in a career.”
Dr. Howard Hendricks, Dallas Theological Seminary
“One coach will impact more young people in a year than the average person does in a lifetime, so who’s coaching the coach?”
Reverend Billy Graham
Coaches’ Fellowships where coaches gather to eat, pray, share, and study God’s Word are the cornerstone of the COIN ministry. If you feel led to start an outreach to coaches in your area we will be right there with you!
Reasons for launching a Coaches Fellowship Group:
- It’s biblical. Acts 2:42 model. Fellowship, Breaking Bread, Bible sharing, Prayer.
- A committed core who are faithful in attendance.
- Share life, victories and challenges.
- Creating and maintaining a safe environment for sharing personal struggles.
- Developing accountability.
- Committed to prayer.
- Inviting new coaches.
Outlined below are the ideal criteria for a successful Coaches Fellowship Group.
- At least four coaches, from two or more schools/clubs, who are committed to meeting regularly with other coaches to accomplish the COIN Purpose or reaching, encouraging and strengthening coaches.
- Two people willing to take leadership and ownership of the CF – their desire is to see coaches grow in their walk with the Lord and in their influence.
- Coaches from the CF participate in COIN events (Honor Banquet, Retreat, overseas mission trips, church sports clinics, etc.)
- The CF leaders have regular contact with the COIN office.
- Prayer requests are submitted at the regular CF meeting on a regular basis
- At least one-third of the CF meetings are led by a local church’s pastor/leader.
COIN will help you disciple coaches of influence in your Coaches’ Fellowship by:
- Offering training at “Coach ‘em Up” Seminars, special training gatherings, and at the COIN Retreat, in topics critical to coaches
- Meeting with you on a regular basis (location permitting) to answer your questions and offer support and encouragement
- Encouraging prayer support for the coaches who attend the Coaches’ Fellowships
- Honoring those coaches of influence who exemplify the COIN theme verse at our annual Coach Honor Banquet
- Networking among COIN coaches to grow our network of support
Start a CF Group
There are coaches everywhere,
- Fill out the Application and follow the process through the 4 steps
- Identify a geographic area without a CF Group
- Identify a CF Leader (it may be you!)
- Connect with a Church, School or Club. Our COIN staff will visit to share COIN ministry and vision. We will also provide you with COIN marketing materials
- Select a meeting location, day & time
- Promote the CF group with the help of COIN. Visit the schools, clubs & churches in the area
- Pray for and recruit coaches in the area